Monday, August 7, 2023

2014 Pathfinder Intermittent No Acceleration

 The complaint was that sometimes after braking and then attempting to accelerate, it would not accelerate. I drove this around all morning and it did do that once and no more. After looking at scan data and memory codes recorded later and never again seeing the problem I parked it outside and was about to call the customer to update her. I happened to look outside at the car and the brake lights were on. I traced the brake light problem to the brake light relay being stuck on. I took the relay apart and the first 3 times I pressed it closed with my fingers, it stuck in closed position. After that, worked fine again. I replaced the relay and case closed because the car is drive by wire and because the relay was sometimes sticking on the ecm was trying to prevent engine run away and not allowing proper acceleration, due to thinking brake was on. 


I have since learned that Nissan has a TSB concerning the problem and is deleting the relay all together, 

Nissan TSB

Kenny@ggauto.repair

No comments:

Post a Comment